Meal Prep - Chicken Caesar Salad

In January, I did really well with eating healthier and doing dry January. Then February came, and we indulged ourselves that first weekend. So, this week I need to get back on track with my healthy eating. Chicken Caesar Salads it is!

Average meal out that I have seen is between $10-15.
Average lunch out: $12.50
Weekdays: 5
Total each week: $62.50
Total for the year: $3,250

Cost of our Chicken Caesar Salads:



Chicken Thighs $9.44
Lettuce: $3.00
Dressing: $1.50
Total: $13.94

Total for 1 per day: $1.39
Total for 1 per week: $6.97
Average per year for 1: $362.44

Average difference between eating out and bringing your lunch: $2,887.56

This week is a much lower cost lunch than our normal lunch costs. With the snow that we have been getting, it has been making me want to cuddle on the couch in front of the fire. I love it when it snows, it is so peaceful and I want to just stay in and do nothing. But lunches need to be made, groceries need to be bought and meal prepping needs to be prepped. JP and I did an easy lunch prep and actually planned out the rest of our February meals for the month. One of the things that we have learned with meal prepping is that we have to be excited about it. We usually plan to have fish on Sunday nights, but if we move that to a weekday, we usually will not want the fish. Learning your behaviors is key to meal prepping. I mentioned before that JP and I are trying to stay out of restaurants this year, so we plan our most exciting meals for the weekend so we don't change our mind and end up at Sushi Den

If you are just starting to meal prep, think about lunches that get you excited. I think when people bring in food that is "boring", they end up going out for lunch instead. Did you meal prep this week? What is your biggest obstacle to meal prepping? Comment and subscribe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$300 Tax Deduction

Payroll Taxes

Holiday Season 2020