Date Night In - Steak

One of our 2020 goals is to not eat out as much this year. And I am happy to say that JP and I are doing so good on that so far. I know it's only been 3 weeks, but we really spoiled ourselves in December and I wasn't sure if we would be able to stay out of restaurants.

JP and I love a good, seared, ribeye steak. We have tried eating ribeye's at steak houses but they were always so disappointing. JP knows how to make a steak just the way we like it, charred medium rare. The best part of eating a great steak at home, is it is always too much to eat and we have a brunch meal for the next day too. We buy our steaks at Whole Foods, but Costco has pretty decent steaks too. If we had a nice meat market nearby I would buy from them, but not a fan of the one by our house. For those that are near a Marczyk, I envy you and miss that place.

We make steak about once a month. I always get so excited because I really do love the brunch meal the next day, especially if JP makes me a Bloody Mary to go with it. Below is the cost breakdown of our steak night in with Chef JP.

19oz Prime Ribeye $24.19
Brussel Sprouts $2.69
Garlic $0.25
Total: $27.13

A local, popular steakhouse in Denver is Guard and Grace. If you do want to eat a steak out, I highly recommend this restaurant. If we were to have a similar meal out, below is the cost breakdown.

16oz Ribeye $48
Brussel Sprouts $12
Total: $60
With tax and tip: $78

Difference between eating this at home and at a steak house is $50.87 (without alcohol). But let's be real... if I were to actually go to Guard and Grace and eat out, I guarantee you I am ordering more than 1 steak and side dish for the two of us. When we eat out, there is something about the ambiance and being out and having fun that releases that splurge in you. Below is how an actual meal out for JP and I would look like at Guard and Grace:

Maryland Crabcake $22
Wedge Salad $12
16oz Ribeye $48
Foraged mushrooms $12
Truffle mac and cheese $16
Total: $110
With tax and tip: $142

Eating out can be exciting. You just have to make sure your wallet can afford it and that you're tipping appropriately. JP and I usually eat out at places that serve food that we either cannot cook or haven't learned how to yet. One of the date nights we really enjoyed doing in 2019 was going to Del Friscos and ordering a bottle of wine with dessert at the bar and just talking about life. It's fun to dress up and go out and be with the ones you love.

With an amazing steak dinner comes an amazing brunch. I just love leftovers!



Cooked up some hash browns, topped a fried egg on top and served with the steak. Yum.

What is your favorite place to eat out? Be sure to comment and subscribe.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

$300 Tax Deduction

Payroll Taxes

Holiday Season 2020