Meal Prep - Cajun Chicken Alfredo

I cannot believe it is the final week of February. JP doesn't need a full week of lunches this week but I do and I wanted to make it a good one. This week we are having Cajun Chicken Alfredo. We spent our Saturday night meal prepping for the week since JP goes to Glenwood Springs on Sunday and I have some work stuff to take care of on Sunday. Short week this week since we go to Houston on Friday.

If you are a frequent reader then you already know the drill to this post and may have noticed I did not include one last week. That is because we recycled a January recipe. We usually make the chickpea lunch once a month because we love it so much and is a healthier choice.

The average meal out that I have seen is between $10-15.
Average lunch out: $12.50
Weekdays: 5
Total each week: $62.50
Average for the year: $3,250

Cajun Chicken Alfredo costs:

Chicken thighs: $6.14
Heavy Cream: $3.29
Parmesan: $2.50
Total Cost: $11.93
Total per day per person: $1.49
Average for the year: $387.40

Average difference between eating out and bringing your lunch $2,862.60

Just so you can follow my math, I took the $11.93 and divided that by 8 days since JP only needs 3 days of meals and I need 5. Also, I omitted the sun dried tomatoes and scallions from the dish. I also made our own noodles and all other ingredients I had in my home already. I also made our own black Cajun seasoning using spices we had in our cabinet.

Have you started bringing in your own lunches to work to save money? Maybe you have other ways you save because you enjoy eating out with your friends? I would love to hear where you choose to cut back in your life. Like Paula Pant says, "You can afford anything, just not everything..."

Share, comment and subscribe.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$300 Tax Deduction

Payroll Taxes

Holiday Season 2020