Coronavirus Food Prep

I have seen so many food prep pictures online from the Coronavirus, did you food prep anything for your freezer?


We prepped meatballs, dumplings and lumpia. We also split up any meats we bought into meal sizes and chopped up different vegetables like bell peppers and froze those too. This is such a weird time and staying inside all the time will make me stir crazy for sure. I have been able to find the silver lining by getting excited about trying new recipes, working-out from home, running again and enjoying working in my yoga clothes. 



While I don't think we over-prepared like others I have seen online, I do think we have prepared just enough. I saw people out there spending up to a $1,000 on stocking up. Each time we went to the store, not once did we fill an entire basket up. It makes me happy to see that the average American spent less than $200. Our grocery stores are now restocking and although many shelves are still empty, you can tell they are still receiving shipments in. I was happy to be able to buy eggs yesterday.

When we started to prep for this, the first things we grabbed was flour, milk, butter, sugar, and various meats. I figured that if I had those things, we could make bread, pancakes, desserts, noodles, etc. I think a lot of people may learn how to cook for the first time, and I think that is a great thing. I may have more and more food posts from this pandemic.

What did you stock up on? What meals are you prepared to make? Be safe out there and stay indoors. Be sure to share, like, comment and subscribe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$300 Tax Deduction

Payroll Taxes

Holiday Season 2020