Meal Prep - Chicken and Kale

A new meal prep! I have been eating so much rice lately and it is catching up to me. This week I wanted to be healthier, so I did chicken thighs and kale. This meal I made only for me. JP is not a fan of chicken, so he made a veggie dish. The prices below will reflect meals for one, instead of the usual two.

Average meal out that I have seen is between $10-15.
Average lunch out: $12.50
Weekdays: 5
Total each week: $62.50
Total for the year: $3,250

Cost of my Chicken Thighs and Kale:


Chicken Thighs $4.81
Kale $1.99
Total: $6.80

Total for 1 per day: $1.36
Total for 1 per week: $6.80
Average per year for 1: $353.60

Average difference between eating out and bringing your lunch: $2,896.40

This week is a much lower cost lunch than our normal lunch costs since it is so plain jane. I seasoned my chicken with just salt and pepper and my kale had a splash of red vinegar, salt, pepper and fresh garlic. Very simple meal and pretty good too. 

If you are just starting to meal prep, think about lunches that get you excited. I think when people bring in food that is "boring", they end up going out for lunch instead. Did you meal prep this week? What is your biggest obstacle to meal prepping? Share, like, comment and subscribe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$300 Tax Deduction

Payroll Taxes

Holiday Season 2020