Last minute trip!


When our friend’s wedding had to be postponed again and my brother suggested we join my other brother in Florida, it was a no brainer, JP and I immediately jumped on board. What was even more exciting about planning this trip was that my Grandmom was going to be out of the rehabilitation center by the time we got there. She hasn’t seen family in months in person, and I know she will be just as thrilled to see us as we will be to see her. She is truly the sweetest, most amazing Grandmom ever. After securing the same rental property as last year, we set out to plan the rest of our vacation. Just like last year, we are going to drive to Florida… that is almost 24 hours of fun (as long as we do not hit a deer again)! Because we already had the money saved up for the Dallas wedding, we just moved that over to this trip. We have another 8 months to save back up for Dallas. One of the best things about vacation for us is the eating. So we picked out our route, investigated on the best places to eat and booked our hotels around those places. I cannot wait to eat crawfish!




Once we knew we had the resort secured, we immediately started working on a budget for this trip. And because we were going to drive, we had to make sure we had hotels booked during our overnight stops. Last year, we went to Okaloosa Island for a week and I forgot the dates and didn’t realize we had to check out one morning and rushing to pack everything up in less than 30 minutes is not fun. I am not going to allow that to happen again! Another thing that I do when we go on trips is write down tips for the next time we go to that place. The resort we stay at does not provide a lot of everyday necessities like toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, etc. They only provide like one of each, so I am glad that I wrote those tips down because I completely forgot about that until I read it. 

When coming up with a budget I looked at what we spent last year on some items like gas, food, etc since we are driving to the same place. We also had a starting point of what our total budget had to be and realized quickly that we needed to add money to this trip so we could enjoy some delicious food. We are seriously spoiled when it comes to eating. Plus, because we are driving and Texas is in this road trip, we knew we were going to have to bring back Texas Fajita Meat. Below is our full budget which includes bringing back TX Fajita meat, Buccees beef jerky, Buccees seasoning, Buccees sausage, and St Arnold Beers. Colorado may have the best weather, but Colorado needs help when it comes to good food.
This is the budget we put in place that we intend to stick to. The trip is a total of 6 days which includes the days we are just driving. We also are planning to go jet skiing and have talked about renting a pontoon boat too. I can see us going here every summer. I think this is our 3rd time to this area and 2nd annual trip to this resort. The resort we stay at is perfect for those with children too because there is a lazy river. While we are in Florida we plan to take turns cooking meals which will save us money too. I don't plan on getting in a car the entire time we are there. 

What are your plans for the summer? Be sure to share, comment, like and subscribe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$300 Tax Deduction

Payroll Taxes

Holiday Season 2020